Terms of Service
WiFi provided by RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet
Last Updated: 18 May 2018
This free WiFi service provided by RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet is a free public commercial WiFi service offered to RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet customers to offer to their clients (“This WiFi”). The WiFi equipment and services are provided by RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet (RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet are referred to below as “Plingspot” or “we”).
By using This WiFi, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (the “WiFi Terms of Service”). In addition to the language below, the WiFi Terms of Service include General Provisions of RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet. The General Provisions of RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet apply to your use of This WiFi as if the word “Service” meant This WiFi. In the event anything in the General Provisions of RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi or Ravonet conflicts with any of the WiFi Terms of Service below, the WiFi Terms of Service take priority. Together, the WiFi Terms of Service and General Provisions of RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet are referred to herein as the “Terms.”
Except as provided in “Disclaimer of Warranties” below, nothing in these Terms will be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
If you choose to use other services (such as an application or website) awhile using This WiFi, your use of those services will be governed by the terms and conditions provided to you in association with those services.
Privacy and Security
You understand that This WiFi, which utilizes wireless technologies, is not inherently secure and that wireless communications may not remain private or free of interception or access by others. We will not be liable to you or any other party for any lack of security that may result from your use of This WiFi, and you agree that you are solely responsible for implementing and maintaining appropriate technological and other safeguards to ensure the safety and security of your device and anything stored on, or transmitted by, your device.
Your Responsibilities; Proper Use
You must have a wireless-enabled device to connect to This WiFi.
We will assign you a temporary IP address each time you access This WiFi. You may not program any other IP or MAC address into your device that accesses This WiFi.
You may not use This WiFi for improper activities. Examples of improper activities include, without limitation:
- modifying, adapting, translating, or reverse engineering any portion of This WiFi;
- reselling, renting, sharing or distributing any aspect of This WiFi;
- attempting to break security, access, tamper with or use any unauthorized parts of This WiFi or any third party devices, accounts, equipment or networks;
- removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on This WiFi;
- attempting to collect or maintain any information about other users of This WiFi (including usernames and/or email addresses) or other third parties for unauthorized purposes;
- logging onto This WiFi under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- creating or transmitting unwanted electronic communications such as “spam,” or chain letters to other users or otherwise interfering with other users’ enjoyment of This WiFi;
- using This WiFi to transfer technology, software or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations;
- transmitting content that falsely expresses or implies that it is sponsored or endorsed by Plingspot, that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party, or that is defamatory, unlawful or promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- transmitting any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- using This WiFi to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials; or
- using This WiFi for any unlawful, harassing, abusive, criminal or fraudulent purpose.
We reserve the right to terminate your use of This WiFi, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice. Upon any such termination, any and all rights granted by Plingspot to you will terminate.
Plingspot does not control and is not responsible for third-party data, content, services, or products that you access or download through This WiFi. Plingspot may, but is not obliged to, block data transmissions to protect Plingspot, This WiFi network, or the public.
Disclaimer of Warranties
RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet, their employees, affiliates, suppliers or licensors (the “Plingspot Parties”) disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material displayed in or accessible through This WiFi. RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet disclaim any and all responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material. RavoConnect, Plingspot, Pling WiFi and Ravonet disclaim any and all responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the Internet through This WiFi.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT (A) THIS WiFi WILL NOT BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, (B) THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE REGARDING THE COVERAGE, SPEED OR QUALITY OF THIS WiFi, (C) PLINGSPOT HAS NO CONTROL OVER THIRD PARTY NETWORKS OR SITES YOU MAY ACCESS IN THE COURSE OF YOUR USE OF THIS WiFi, AND (D) YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIAL OR DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THIS WiFi AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances will the Plingspot Parties be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Plingspot Parties from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to any breach of these Terms and/or your use of This WiFi, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, Plingspot will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement. If you think somebody is violating your copyrights and want to notify us, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with laws applicable in The Netherlands, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. You and Plingspot agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the within the Netherlands to resolve any legal matter arising from these Terms or This WiFi. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.